Fundraising for Tour de Cure can be rewarding, fun and an excellent chance to get creative and sociable. Below are a some suggestions to get your creative fundraising hats on.
Fundraise with friends
Share your passion
- Arrange a family cycle-athon around a local park, with participants paying to take part
- Organise a karaoke night as another great way to have a fun and entertaining evening. Sing your hearts out in your living room or ask a karaoke bar for a discount. Charge an entry fee, and give out small prizes to the best (and worst) singers
- Give up your worst habits and ask your friends to pledge their support. Once you’ve got them on your back you’re sure to stick it out
- Host a movie screening of a latest release film (take a look at our fundraising case studies to get more information on how to host your own movie screening event)
Fundraise at work
Capture your colleagues' imagination then get them to empty their pockets
- Sponsor your manager to work in reception for an hour/day
- Have a themed dress-down day at work and get your colleagues to pay $1 and put their fancy dress on for a good cause
- You could set up a cycle to work day in support of Tour de Cure!
- Host a quiz night that will bring together colleagues, friends and family
- If all else fails lock the bosses in an office and don’t let them out until they’ve used their contacts to raise as much money as possible for Tour de Cure
Inspire Your Community
Corporate Ride Days
In 2011 and 2012 Tour de Cure is aiming to share the cancer prevention message with 10,000 children through initiates such as our Tours and ‘Inspire Your Community’ Coporate Rides. It's our goal is to share our easy to understand yet vital healthy habits and lifestyle choices presented via Stickman (the good in all of us) engaging kids (age 6-12) in a fun and very interactive way.
60% of Cancer deaths are preventable…..let’s make it 100%
Corporate Ride NSW
On Friday 25th of November we hosted our inaugural ‘Inspire Your Community’ Corporate Ride NSW ride where Riders from our corporate partner network helped the Tour de Cure share our cancer awareness message with over 500 schools kids before heading off on an 95km one day ride to help cure cancer. We would like to take this oppoertunity to congratulate the entire team who raised over $15,000, 52% over target.
Through their efforts Tour de Cure will be able to fund not four but SIX MRD Tests to help improve outcomes for children with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia.