Our Expression of Interest application process is now closed
Thank you to all that applied! All applications will be reviewed by our RSP Grant Committee, the Tour de Cure Board, the Translational Research Institute's Senior Medical Panel (for our Established Research Grants), and the Foundation for Surgery panel (for the Tour de Cure Cancer Research Scholarship).
Tour de Cure annually selects and funds cancer projects in the following areas:
Research Projects focused on finding cancer breakthroughs
Funding can be sought for any one of the following:
- Established Research Grant - $200,000
- Scott Canner Research Grant - $125,000
- Tour de Cure Cancer Research Scholarship (in collaboration with Foundation for Surgery) - $100,000
- Pioneering Cancer Research Grant - $80,000
- Collaborative Cancer Research Grant -$50,000
Support projects for those suffering with cancer
These can be projects such as:
- Nursing or other support resource
- Accommodation, fuel, finances
- Camps, material aids, etc.
- Special furniture
- Communication equipment
- Special support events
Prevention projects that are focused on education and awareness
These can be projects such as:
- Campaigns or Programs
Tour de Cure’s Annual ‘Research, Support and Prevention Project’ Selection Process
- Tour de Cure conducts an annual ‘Research, Support and Prevention Project Tender’ where beneficiaries submit project funding requests to our Board. We ensure all applications abide by our Trust Deed and our RSP Grant Committee harnesses the expertise of the Translational Research Institute's Senior Medical Panel to assess applications for our Established Research Grants, and of the Foundation for Surgery panel to assess applications for the Tour de Cure Cancer Research Scholarship. While we would like to fund all proposed projects we respect that we are not able to. Hence the Tour de Cure Board, guided by our project assessment parameters, values and reviews, select Tour de Cure’s Research, Support and Prevention projects targeted for funding for that year.
- Annually in November, Tour de Cure’s Board confirm our Research, Support and Prevention Projects we aim to donate funding to. We are aware of the beneficiary’s project funding request and work diligently to effectively and fairly distribute our available funds. This does mean in some instances that the project cannot be funded 100% by Tour de Cure. All beneficiaries are aware of this. In the event Tour de Cure has had a very successful year and our nominated projects receive our targeted donations the Tour de Cure Board select additional projects to fund.
- Tour de Cure’s local projects are selected by Tour de Cure’s management and are endorsed by Tour de Cure’s Board.
- Tour de Cure captures all details of annual projects funded on our website.
- Tour de Cure produces an annual Charity Audit which also details, on top of required fundraising and organisation financials, our funded project and beneficiaries whom receive / are to receive funding.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding our Research, Support and Prevention Projects, our Charity’s Audit or the Tour de Cure Board.
View our previously funded Research, Support and Prevention projects
Volunteer with us
Become a part of the Tour de Cure family and do your part in the fight against cancer.
Find out more »